At long last, Sony has come clean with the most-fussed-over questions possibly in 2020: when will the PlayStation 5 launch and how much will it cost?
PlayStation Asia has just confirmed that its latest console will arrive on the shores of Singapore on 19 November 2020. The standard PS5 will retail for S$729, while the Digital Edition will go for S$599.
Online pre-orders for either edition of the console will begin on 18 September 2020 from 11am (SGT).
SIE also announced the price for the following accessories that will launch alongside the PS5 console:
- DualSense Wireless Controller (S$99.90)
- PULSE 3D wireless headset – with 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones (S$149)
- HD Camera – with dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments (S$89.90)
- Media Remote – to navigate movies and streaming services with ease (S$44.90)
- DualSense Charging Station – to conveniently charge two DualSense Wireless Controllers (S$44.90)
PlayStation 5 Launch Day Games from SIE Worldwide Studios:
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – S$97.90
- Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – S$97.90
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – S$67.90
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – S$97.90
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – S$ 79.90
Since its official unveiling in June, expectations for the PS5 have never been higher. This is especially so with the sheer volume of first-party AAA titles that will come with it at various points after the console’s launch, including Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7, Demon’s Souls, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, and God of War: Ragnarok, and third-party titles such as Final Fantasy XVI, Resident Evil Village, and Hogwarts Legacy. Now the question is when exactly these titles will release so we can relish every single pixel of them on the PS5.
Customers in Singapore can pre-order the console online via the following websites from 18 September @ 11am onwards via the following list of stores.
The release date of the PlayStation 5 comes just a little over a week after the 10 November launch of the Xbox Series X and the Xbox Series S.
Check out more on the PS5:
- Expand Your PS5 And Xbox Series X/S Storage Space With These External SSD Options
- PS5 Allows You To Run PS4 But Not PS5 Games Directly Off An External Drive
- Expand Your PS5 Storage With These NVMe PCIe 4.0 M.2 Internal SSDs
- PS5 Disassembled: A Look At Everything Inside The Console
- Which PlayStation 5 Games Should You Buy At Launch?
- PlayStation Changes Up Trophy Levelling System Ahead of PlayStation 5 Launch
Marion has a serious RPG addiction. Sometimes it bleeds into real life; he forgets to sleep because he thinks he has a Witcher’s body clock. Forgive him in advance if he suddenly blurts out terms such as “Mind Flayer” and “Magic Missile”, because never once does he stop thinking about his next Dungeons & Dragons game.