Whether you’re already a Disney+ subscriber or still considering, you might have wondered what this whole Premier Access deal is all about. As the video below describes, “it’s kind of like the movies premiering in the comfort of your home”.
So if you want to watch the latest blockbuster releases on day 1, you’ll have to fork out a one-time “rental” payment of S$38.98 (US$29.99) on top of the normal monthly subscription. But the good thing is, you get to watch the movie unlimited times, and for as long as you remain subscribed to the service.
Alternatively, if you want to save some money, you can always wait a few months for the new movies to eventually get added to the Disney+ library for normal subscribers. In Cruella‘s case, it will be made available to Disney+ subscribers on 27 August 2021. If you do choose to wait though, then good luck with avoiding spoilers for movies like Black Widow.
The next two big blockbusters that will be hitting theatres and Disney+ Premier Access concurrently are Black Widow and Jungle Cruise. Ryan Reynolds’ Free Guy is currently slated for theatre release on 12 August, with no news of Premier Access just yet. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see how the pandemic pans out over the next few months.
Already a subscriber and wondering what shows to catch next? Here are some suggestions:
- Top 9 Shows To Watch On Disney+ For Both Adults And Kids Alike
- Top 6 Marvel (But Not MCU) Shows That Disney+ Would Rather You Skip Watching
- 9 Shows On Disney+ That The Company Might Not Want You To Know About
- Top 8 Movies To Catch On Disney+ Singapore For Sci-Fi / Video Game Geeks
- Top 5 Original Movies On Disney+ You Need To Watch
- Top 8 Docuseries To Catch On Disney+