While we’re no doubt all eager to see the conclusion of the Skywalker saga with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker in December this year, the imminent launch of Disney+ on November 12 is no doubt a huge plus for many Star Wars fans.
In a new blog post on the Star Wars website, a full list of Star Wars shows that will be available at Disney+’s launch has been laid out. Here are the shows as follows:
- Live-Action Series
- The Mandalorian
- Star Wars: A New Hope
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Empire of Dreams: The Story of the Star Wars Trilogy
- Animated Series
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Seasons One to Five)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars — The Lost Missions
- Star Wars Rebels (All Seasons)
- Star Wars Resistance Season One
- LEGO Star Wars: The New Yoda Chronicles — Clash of the Skywalkers
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures (All Seasons)
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars
Quite the extensive list there. Leading the line will be the Disney+ original live-action TV series The Mandalorian, starring Pedro Pascal (Game of Thrones, Narcos). The other high-profile live-action TV shows that will be announced at a later time the yet-to-be-named Obi-Wan Kenobi solo story starring Ewan McGregor, and a Cassian Andor solo series starring Diego Luna.
The Star Wars movies currently comprise of the original and prequel trilogies, as well as The Force Awakens and Rogue One. The Last Jedi and Solo: A Star Wars Story will arrive on the streaming service at a later time, followed by The Rise of Skywalker, which has yet to premiere in theatres.
Disney+ will also cater to diehard fans of the Emmy Award-winning The Clone Wars animated series, with the whole catalogue of six full seasons available at launch. A cherry on the icing is the airing of the seventh and final season sometime in February 2020.
Exciting times ahead, as we’re only one month away till the launch of Disney+. And this is but a fraction of the entire Disney+ catalogue. In the meantime, why not get a three-year subscription for Disney+ for just under US$5 a month?
Marion has a serious RPG addiction. Sometimes it bleeds into real life; he forgets to sleep because he thinks he has a Witcher’s body clock. Forgive him in advance if he suddenly blurts out terms such as “Mind Flayer” and “Magic Missile”, because never once does he stop thinking about his next Dungeons & Dragons game.