Top Gun: Maverick, the long-awaited sequel to the 1986 Top Gun starring Tom Cruise, is finally premiering on 26 May 2022 (25 May in Singapore). And now, even the dogfighting world of Top Gun: Maverick is making its way into Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown in the form of a downloadable content (DLC).
The DLC collaboration will include playable aircraft as seen in the movie, such as Maverick’s F-18 Hornet. The paid DLC is set to release alongside the movie on 26 May for the PlayStation 4. One thing to note, it looks to be a PS-exclusive DLC for now. Xbox and PC Steam users will have to wait till Spring 2022.
Bandai Namco Entertainment Asia also posted up a pair of mobile wallpapers on their Facebook page in celebration of the collaboration.
It would have been nice to couple this with a PlayStation 5 upgrade for the 3-year-old game, but no matter, Ace Combat 7 is still a blast to play, especially now with new Top Gun DLC.
Catch up on all things Top Gun: Maverick:
- Top Gun: Maverick Takes Off At Marina Bay Sands With Light, Water, And Pyrotechnic Display
- Singapore Celebrates Top Gun Day With Asia Debut Exclusive Surprise Screening Of Top Gun: Maverick
- Tom Cruise Nixed Streaming Debut For Top Gun: Maverick; Gets 6 Minutes Standing Ovation at Cannes Premiere
- Man Sings To Top Gun’s ‘Danger Zone’ While Hitting 5Gs On An F-18 Fighter Jet
- ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Shot 800 Hours Of Footage, As Much As Three ‘Lord of the Rings’ Movies