Top Gun: Maverick actor Miles Teller is keen to reprise his role as Goose’s son Lt. Bradley “Rooster” Bradshaw and he has talked to Tom Cruise about a possible Top Gun: Maverick sequel.
When asked about a Top Gun sequel, Maverick star Teller told ET that, “That would be great, but that’s all up to TC,” referring to Tom Cruise who led the 1986 original movie and this year’s sequel. “It’s all up to Tom. I’ve been having some conversations with him about it. We’ll see.”
Top Gun: Maverick has dominated the box office after its May premiere as it became Tom Cruise’s highest-grossing film ever, and Paramount Pictures’ second highest-grossing movie of all time, with a worldwide box office takings of US$1.14 billion. It is currently still the top movie of 2022, soaring above films such as Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Jurassic World: Dominion, and The Batman.
Teller has been grateful for the opportunity, adding that, “For him to share Top Gun with me and a lot of these other young actors it’s just been such a wild ride, and it’s still going.”
We don’t know yet if Top Gun 3 will happen but we do know that Cruise will be returning to the big screens in 2023, with his next Mission: Impossible 7 film, and number 8 planned for the year after. These will be the final two chapters for Cruise’s Ethan Hunt spy character.
But as with all things Hollywood, nothing stays ended forever; there’s always the possibility of another sequel.
Catch up on all things Top Gun: Maverick:
- Val Kilmer’s Iceman Voiced By AI In ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Is A Feat Of Technology
- ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Taking Flight To 755 IMAX Screens Globally
- Singapore Celebrates Top Gun Day With Asia Debut Exclusive Surprise Screening Of Top Gun: Maverick
- Tom Cruise Nixed Streaming Debut For Top Gun: Maverick; Gets 6 Minutes Standing Ovation at Cannes Premiere
- Man Sings To Top Gun’s ‘Danger Zone’ While Hitting 5Gs On An F-18 Fighter Jet
- ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Shot 800 Hours Of Footage, As Much As Three ‘Lord of the Rings’ Movies