There’s no denying the sneaker culture has entered into mainstream consciousness. Considering that we already have kicks based on Aliens and Dragon Ball Z, is it too hard to imagine that PlayStation would want a piece of the pie?
Enter the Paul George + PlayStation PG-2 PlayStation Colorway, while this collaboration could have easily gone sideways, the design to the PG-2 PlayStation Colorway is definitely a head-turner and in a good way.
Looking absolutely classy, the PG-2 PlayStation Colorway is a tasteful interpretation of all things, the classic PlayStation coloured eyelets is a subtle touch to the shoe and it one of the many hidden design gems for the shoe.
Here are some features that fans who are looking to grab a pair should take note of:
- The tongues of the shoe sport the PG and PlayStation logos, will illuminate and pulsate blue just like when turning on the console
- The back heel of the left shoe has a unique barcode that contains a PSN voucher code, which can be redeemed at PlayStation Store for a Paul George Dynamic Theme for the PS4
- The colors of the sneaker pay homage to the buttons on the DualShock 4 controller
- The iconic PlayStation symbols are embossed in patent leather on each shoe
- The look of the PG Dynamic Theme is reflected in the sock liner on each shoe
The PG2 “PlayStation” colorway drops globally on February 10, 2018. For more information on the release, download the Nike SNKRS app. Going at only US$110, there are even more images of the shoe over at Nike.
No doubt this would be one of the hottest items for gamers and sneaker freaks to get their hands on, so mark your calendars and reach out to all your underground sneaker dealers if you’re looking to score a pair. Or two.
Gerald currently straddles between his love of video games and board gaming. There’s nothing that interests him more than trying out the newest and fanciest gadget in town as well. He dreams of publishing a board game sometime in the future!