With The Last of Us Part II still under development at Sony first-party studio Naughty Dog, the studio now has extra motivation to make the next adventures of Ellie and Joel even better.
Metacritic, the reviews aggregator, has released their lists of the best entertainment for 2019 as well as the decade. Voted on by users, the PS3/PS4’s The Last of Us was the leading light as the Game of the Decade, with Nintendo’s The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and CD Projekt Red’s The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt taking the next two places.
The full list is as follows:
Metacritic’s Top 10 Games of the Decade
- The Last of Us (PS3/PS4)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4/Xbox One/PC/Switch)
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4/Xbox One/PC)
- Mass Effect 2 (PS3/Xbox 360/PC)
- Bloodborne (PS4)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3/Xbox 360/PC/PS4/Xbox One/Switch)
- God of War (PS4)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS3/Xbox 360/PC/PS4/Xbox One)
- Dark Souls (PS3/Xbox 360/PC/PS4/Xbox One)
As for 2019, Capcom’s Resident Evil 2 won the award for being the best game of the year, a notion that we can agree with.
Jake is a full-time trophy hunter and achievement gatherer on consoles, and part-time Steam Sale victim. He has a thing for Batman and awesome statues, and running out of space for both. Send help.