“The ASUS ROG GT51 is no ordinary gaming machine. It is engineered with ROG gaming DNA to give you mind-blowing gaming experiences you would not find elsewhere.”
ASUS has just unveiled the ROG (Republic of Gamers) GT51CA at a recent press event. With its sharp-angled polygonal edges and smooth surfaces, it is a sight to behold, and has already won me over purely in the looks department. It also claims to be the world’s first gaming desktop to feature the latest 2-way SLI NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X graphics card.
In a nutshell, here are the key features to drool over:
- 2-way SLI NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X graphics card.
- 2016 iF Design award-winning gaming desktop that delivers extreme performance with an aggressive design and gamer-friendly features.
- Powered by the latest 6th generation Intel Core i7 processor with full-core Turbo Gear overclocking up to 4.6GHz.
- Liquid-cooled Hydro Overclocking System for the processor and dedicated air channels for the graphics card lower the system’s internal temperatures by up to 31%.
- Dynamic 8-million-colour LED effects across 4 zones on the chassis and front-ported audiophile-grade ESS DAC and amp.
- Wearable ROG Band included for users to access a hidden 1TB shadow drive or overclock with a swipe.
Availability and Pricing
To celebrate the launch of the ROG GT51CA gaming desktop in Singapore, ASUS is having three pre-order promotions available:
- For the lowest end model with 1 x NVIDIA GTX 980 graphics card at S$3,498, pre-order will be from 18 to 29 May. Every pre-order of this model will receive a free X-Men: Apocalypse bag (worth S$70), 1-for-1 X-Men movie passes (worth S$11) and an exclusive ROG hoodie (worth S$119).
- For the mid-range model with 2 x NVIDIA GTX 980 graphics card at S$4,298, pre-order will be from 18 May to 30 June. Every pre-order of this model is eligible to purchase the ROG G-SYNC monitor at a discounted price of S$729 (Usual SRP: S$1,459).
- Last but not least, for the highest end model with 2-way SLI NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X graphics card at S$7,498, pre-order will be from 18 May to 30 June. Every pre-order of this model will receive a free 4K ROG G-SYNC monitor (worth: S$1,459).
Tempted yet? If you have the extra dough to spare, head on over to the pre-order site HERE.
ROG G51CA Specifications
Intel Core i7-6700K (Overclock to 4.6GHz)
Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
2 X NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB GDDR5 (SLI)
2 X NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 (SLI)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5
2TB HDD + 512 PCIE SSD
64GB DDR4 RAM at 2800MHz
32GB DDR4 RAM 2133MHz
32GB DDR4 RAM 2133MHz
SuperMulti DVD RW
Dual Band 2 x 2 802.11 ac Wi-Fi
2 x USB 3.1 Ports (Type-A x 1/ Type-C x 1 with Quick Charge)
6 x USB 3.0 Ports
8-Million-Colour LED Effects Across 4 Zones
ESS Hi-Fi Level Audio (DAC + AMP)
ASUS Aegis II App
38 x 70 x 68 cm
ROG Band (NFC)
3 Years On-site Local Warranty
Yonk is a geek who is fortunate enough to have an equally geeky Star Wars fan for a wife, who owns a LEGO Millennium Falcon encased in a glass coffee table as their home’s centre-piece.