Indie games are definitely their money’s worth, with many instant classics and slow burns coming out in recent years. Good news for indie fans, as the definitive indie convention, LudoNarraCon, will be making a return on 24 -27 April on Steam.
The best part is that, like its previous installment, the con will be free on entry, so rope in some friends who are keen on playing some cool new indies.
LudoNarraCon 2020 will feature over 40 exhibiting games under the label Fellow Traveller. The devs of each game will be streaming “behind the scenes content” on their respective Steam store pages, and may even provide playable game demos, which will be available during the event itself. Additionally, a series of panel discussions will be streamed on the central “theatre” stream.
And if that’s not all, the con will be host to a special sale for over 50 indies, which will no doubt appeal to those looking to score quality games for a steal.
Oh, and if you’re keen on which devs and their games will be present, here’s a list of them:
- An Airport for Aliens Currently Run by Dogs – Strange Scaffold
- Backbone – Eggnut / Raw Fury
- Beholder 2 – Alawar
- Best Friend Forever – Starcolt
- Beyond the Veil – Sun’s Shadow Studios
- Coda – GoodbyeWorld Games
- Coffee Talk – Toge Productions
- Curious Expeditions 2 – Maschinen-Mensch
- Do Not Feed the Monkeys – Alawar
- Frog Detective 2 – Grace Bruxner, Thomas Bowker
- Garden Story – Picogram / Rose City Games
- Lost Words: Beyond the Page – Sketchbook Games
- N1RV Ann-A – Yrsbd / Sukeban Games
- Nowhere Prophet – Sharkbomb Studios / No More Robots
- Over the Alps – Stace Studios
- Ring of Fire – Far Few Giants
- Roki – Polygon Treehouse
- Still There – Iceberg Interactive
- Sunless Skies – Failbetter Games
- The Flower Collectors – Mipumi Games
- Wide Ocean Big Jacket – Turnfellow
- Boyfriend Dungeon – Kitfox Games
- Chinatown Detective Agency – General Interactive Co.
- Eliza – Zachtronics
- Genesis Noir – Feral Cat Den / Fellow Traveller
- Heaven’s Vault – inkle
- Hypnospace Outlaw – Tendershoot / No More Robots
- In Other Waters – Jump Over The Age / Fellow Traveller
- Mutazione – Die Gute Fabrik / Akapura Games
- Neo Cab – Chance Agency / Fellow Traveller
- Not Tonight – Panic Barn / No More Robots
- Paradise Killer – Kaizen Game Works / Fellow Traveller
- She Dreams Elsewhere – Studio Zevere
- Solace State – Vivid Foundry
- Sometimes Always Monsters – Vagabond Dog / Devolver
- Suzerain – Torpor Games / Fellow Traveller
- Tangle Tower – SFB Games
- Telling Lies – Drowning a Mermaid Productions / Annapurna Interactive
- The Church in the Darkness – Paranoid Productions / Fellow Traveller
- Wayward Strand – Ghost Pattern
- Welcome to Elk – Triple Topping
- Yes, Your Grace – Brave At Night / No More Robots
Those interested in attending LudoNarraCon 2020 can sign up at the con’s official page. Remember, entry is free!
Marion has a serious RPG addiction. Sometimes it bleeds into real life; he forgets to sleep because he thinks he has a Witcher’s body clock. Forgive him in advance if he suddenly blurts out terms such as “Mind Flayer” and “Magic Missile”, because never once does he stop thinking about his next Dungeons & Dragons game.