The PlayStation 5 got off to a great start when it launched last year, impressing many with a strong line-up of games like Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Demon’s Souls, but the next-gen allure doesn’t stop there. There are still more titles in the pipeline, and Sony has dropped some progress updates and release window estimates with the arrival of Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2021.
According to a video presentation by the company, fans can look forward to the following in time to come:
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart – 2021
- Horizon Forbidden West – 2021 (also coming to PlayStation 4)
- Returnal – March 19, 2021
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits – March 2021 (also coming to PS4)
- Solar Ash – June 2021 (also coming to PS4)
- Little Devil Inside – July 2021 (also coming to PS4)
- Stray – October 2021 (also coming to PS4)
- GhostWire: Tokyo – October 2021
- Project Athia – January 2022
- Pragmata – 2023
Of the list, the planned releases of Square Enix’s Project Athia and Capcom’s Pragmata are perhaps the most unexpected. The latter was first unveiled at Sony’s PlayStation “Future of Gaming” event in June last year with a 2022 window, but it seems the development process will now be delayed. In contrast, Project Athia seems to be ready much earlier than expected, considering the lack of major gameplay details and footage to date.
2021 is shaping up to be another year for gaming. Apart from the above, Final Fantasy XVI, God of War: Ragnarok, Resident Evil Village, Far Cry 6, and more are all waiting to take the community by storm.