8 September is the date which many Star Trek fans hold close to their hearts. Of course, this is the date the pilot episode of The Original Series first aired back in 1966. 54 years later, the franchise has become iconic in its own right, drawing in several generations of fans and counting.
In celebration of its 54th birthday, CBS All Access will be hosting a virtual Star Trek Day on the very same date. Much like DC FanDome back in August, this online event will run for a full 24 hours on 8 September, and is free to attend by the public.
The event will feature a massive streaming marathon of curated episodes from various Star Trek series, including Picard, Discovery, Voyager, Lower Decks, The Next Generation, The Animated Series, Enterprise, Deep Space Nine, Short Treks, and the aforementioned The Original Series. The marathon won’t run continuously, though, as there will also be a slew of panels from just about every series that was mentioned above.
The panels will run for a total of 3 hours, and will be hosted by Wil Wheaton, who played Wesley Crusher in The Next Generation, and Mica Burton. Here are the various panels and the guests that will be present:
- Star Trek: Picard and Star Trek: The Next Generation – Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes
- Star Trek: Discovery – Sonequa Martin-Green, David Ajala, with co-showrunners and executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Michelle Paradise
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds – Ethan Peck, Anson Mount, Rebecca Romkin, with executive producers Akela Cooper and Davy Perea
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine – Alexander Siddig, Terry Farrell, Armin Shimerman, Nana Visitor, Cirroc Lofton, with executive producer Ira Steven Behr
- Star Trek: Enterprise – John Billingsley, Linda Park, Scott Bakula, Anthony Montgomery, Dominic Keating, and Connor Trinneer
- Star Trek: Lower Decks – Jack Quaid, Tawny Newsome, Eugene Cordero, Noel Wells, with series creator and showrunner Mike McMahan
- Star Trek: Voyager – Robert Picardo, Kate Mulgrew, Garrett Wang, Robert McNeill, Tim Russ, and Ethan Phillips
- Star Trek: The Original Series – George Takei and CEO of Roddenberry Entertainment, Rod Roddenberry
Interestingly, none from the team developing Star Trek 4 has been mentioned to come onto the show. But if there’s anything we’ve learned from DC FanDome, it’s to expect some pleasant surprises during event.
Star Trek Day will go live from 8 September on the Star Trek website itself. The event proper kicks off at 12AM PT / 3AM ET / 3PM SGT.
Marion has a serious RPG addiction. Sometimes it bleeds into real life; he forgets to sleep because he thinks he has a Witcher’s body clock. Forgive him in advance if he suddenly blurts out terms such as “Mind Flayer” and “Magic Missile”, because never once does he stop thinking about his next Dungeons & Dragons game.