In 2018, Amazon users in Singapore were finally treated to the great deal fest that’s Amazon Prime Day for the first time. Following its 36-hour debut on local shores last year, the e-commerce giant will be returning bigger and better for another edition of the widely-anticipated Prime Day, this time with an unprecedented 48-hour run.
Open to Prime members of selected markets worldwide, the sale will take place on July 15 and 16, 2019, and is slated to be a two-day parade of epic deals. It’s set to go live at exactly midnight, local time (GMT+8), with the promise to bring the best shopping and entertainment offers to the community.
What this means, essentially, is that Prime members can look forward to a healthy spread of top deals in the electronics, kitchen and home appliances, toys, and baby categories, as well as stock up on their everyday essentials. For the gamers, there’s also some free in-game loot up for grabs across popular titles, such as Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, League of Legends, and The Division 2, alongside a selection of free games – all courtesy of Twitch Prime.
That’s but one benefit tagged to the Amazon Prime subscription in Singapore, which comes with the following three rewards as well –
- Free Two-Hour Delivery with Prime Now: Orders over S$40 are entitled to free delivery within two hours between anytime from 10am to 10pm daily. Ultra-fast service is also guaranteed for item delivery below said price tag.
- Free International Shipping: Shipping for orders over S$60 on the Prime Now app will be free, while the expected arrival of international products from Amazon US is placed to be around seven to nine business days.
- Amazon Prime Video: Prime members can stream or download popular movies and TV shows, alongside award-winning Amazon Original titles including The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, and Goliath. Access to these content is available anytime, anywhere via the Prime Video app or online at its official website.
Prime Day 2018 may have placed a lot of focus on pushing out larger quantities for consumers, but this year’s iteration seeks to be the biggest Prime Day ever with a record-breaking one million deals around the world.
Our vision is that Prime Day should be the absolute time to be a member – when you can enjoy shopping, savings, entertainment, and some of the best deals Prime members have ever seen.Amazon CEO Worldwide Consumer Jeff Wilke
Considering how Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the only two sales that have come close or surpassed Amazon’s single-day sales, there’s certainly plenty to be said about the overwhelming success and popularity of Prime Day over the years. It’s undoubtedly good news that Amazon is always searching for ways to outperform themselves one fire-sale event after another, and it seems the team will be striving to do so this time round, too.
Naturally, Prime Day is exclusive only to Amazon Prime subscribers, and individuals looking to hop on can opt for the free one-month trial period. The process is relatively hassle-free, too: just download the Prime Now app, indicate your interest, and off you go. Should everything prove to be satisfactory, the door to Amazon Prime will open up for a small, small fee of S$2.99 per month. That’s not all, new members will also enjoy S$20 OFF the first order when payment is made with a DBS/POSB credit card (with a minimum purchase of S$60 made).
Prime Day Deals To Look Forward To
Here are some geektastic deals to look out for come July 15 at 12am (GMT +8):
- Save up to 40% on select LEGO products including Harry Potter Hogwarts Great Hall, Technic Racing Yacht, My First Large Playground
- Save up to 58% on select boardgames including Pandemic, Scrabble, Jenga classic, Twister
- Save up to 20% on Nintendo Switch Consoles (Pikachu and Eevee editions)
- Save up to 54% on select gaming accessories including HyperX gaming mouse and headsets, AmazonBasics Steering Wheel for Nintendo Switch, SteelSeries QcK Gaming Surface
- Save up to 52% on select monitors including ASUS ROG, Acer Predator, Acer KA series, Samsung LED curved monitors
- Save up to 43% on select memory and storage products including SanDisk, Seagate, Western Digital, Toshiba, Crucial
- Save up to 40% on PC components including ASUS GeForce RTX 2080, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, CORSAIR Vengeance DDR4 (2x8GB) 3000, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F, CORSAIR H75 AIO Liquid Cooler
- Save up to 36% on select routers from Netgear Nighthawk, ASUS, Dlink
- Save up to 60% on Fitbit Blaze
- Save up to 55% on select speaker and soundbar brands including Sonos, Bose, Sony, Logitech, and JBL
- Save up to 52% on select audio brands including Jabra, JBL, Sennheiser, Klipsch, B&O, 1MORE, Plantronics
- Save up to 52% on select vacuum cleaners from iRobot, Black & Decker, Bosch, ECOVACS ROBOTICS
Move over the Great Singapore Sale – Amazon’s the latest big, bad boy in town.
Our Pre-Prime Day Geek Picks!
Why wait for Prime Day when you can start shopping now? Here are some of our top geek picks to get you started now!
For Prime Now International (S$60 spend for FREE shipping), we have three hot picks. If you’re an 80s kid and have a love for Masters of the Universe, the 3,508-piece Mega Construx Probuilder: Masters of The Universe – Castle Grayskull set released last month is now available for just S$341.66 (original retail at US$250). For Marvel fans, if you missed out on the Marvel Legends Infinity Gauntlet released last year, it is now a mere S$105.65 (original retail at S$199.99) and even the recently released Marvel Legends Ant-Man Helmet is going at S$88.92 (original retail at S$199.99).
For Prime Now Singapore (S$40 spend for FREE delivery), we have two picks. For Sega/Sonic fans, the Sonic Mania Collector’s Edition, that comes with a 12-inch statue (with Sega startup audio) is down to S$59.90 (original retail at S$139.90). And every geek can never have enough USB cables. The AmazonBasics 2.7m USB Type-C Cable is at S$4.95 (original retail at S$13.58).
Want More? We’re Giving Away S$50 E-Voucher Codes!
You heard it right, courtesy of Amazon Singapore, we have 10 sets of S$50 Amazon Prime Now Singapore e-voucher codes up for grabs, so that you can reap best benefits from the Amazon Prime Day 2019 deal fest.
This article is sponsored by Amazon Singapore.