With just 2 days to go to Force Friday (4th Oct), Toys “R” Us Singapore finally announced details for the annual midnight launch at their VivoCity Flagship Store. The official queue for eager Star Wars fans starts on October 3rd, Thursday, at 9pm.
The event will officially start from 12:01am till 2am on October 4th. During the midnight launch, shoppers will not only be the first to get their hands on the latest Star Wars products, but there will also be hands-on experience with the newly released LEGO Star Wars BOOST Droid Commander and the latest Hasbro Lightsabers.
It’s always rewarding for the hardcore fans who queue for Force Friday at midnight, and this year is no different:
- Redeem an exclusive Star Wars goodie bag filled with merchandise with min. spend of S$150.
- Simply join in the queue from 9pm to midnight to qualify for a draw to win the latest Star Wars toys.
- According to Toys “R” Us Singapore, there’s even an exclusive Force Friday GIF only at the midnight event. Not quite sure of the mechanics, but it should make for a fun momento regardless.
Interestingly, what we’re getting in Singapore is simply Force Friday, instead of Triple Force Friday, which has been heavily marketed so far in the US, starting with the livestream reveal last week.
This is probably due to the fact that The Mandalorian live-action series on Disney+ won’t be made available this year in Singapore. Does this mean we will only see the new product range from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker? Perhaps the remaining part of the trio, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order might even just make it here, since the game is releasing on November 15th. We’ll have to wait to see if Cal Kestis and company make it to the launch.
Apart from the products that have been revealed so far (check out our top 10 picks so far) from mainly Hasbro and LEGO, we’re expecting a few extra surprises.
Here’s a selection of hot favourites we’ll be expecting at the midnight launch:
Will we also see the 197-piece LEGO 40362 Battle of Endor 20th Anniversary Edition as a Gift with Purchase (GwP) starting from Force Friday?
Oh and lets not forget the partial range of The Rise of Skywalker Funko products too:
That’s not all, the Star Wars festivities will continue for the young ones through October 5th and 6th.
- 5 October, 12pm – 6pm: Kids aged 4 – 12 will get to show off their lightsaber moves and check out the latest lightsabers from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Online registration will be required via toysrus.com.sg.
- 6 October, 4pm – 6pm: Kids aged 4 – 12 are encouraged to come dressed up as their favourite Star Wars characters. There will be prizes to be won for the best dressed. Online registration is also required, via toysrus.com.sg (limited slots available).
Force Friday is just the beginning of the Star Wars hype train. We’ll be expecting a constant flow of products over the next couple of months leading up to the release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker on December 19th.
Yonk is a geek who is fortunate enough to have an equally geeky Star Wars fan for a wife, who owns a LEGO Millennium Falcon encased in a glass coffee table as their home’s centre-piece.