In the ultimate throwback to nostalgia, industry giants LEGO and Nintendo teamed up to launch the LEGO Super Mario set back in April, which promptly saw the addition of two expansion packs to the base Starter Course. Now, the traditional brick experience is being further enhanced with the release of the full product line-up, all of which are set to bring new interactivity and gameplay.
The newly-unveiled collection will include a total of six expansion sets and ten collectible enemy characters that take on the form of blind bag character packs. Each is set to feature a buildable character and an accompanying action tag featuring the likes of Paragoomba, Fuzzy, Spiny, Buzzy Beetle, Bob-omb, and more.
Every expansion set and collectible character is built to be used with the Adventure with Mario Starter Course, alongside a series of Power-Up Packs and outfit designs first released in May.
Here’s the complete product line-up from the LEGO Super Mario set:
- 71360 – LEGO Super Mario Adventures with Mario Starter Course (S$84.90)
- 71362 – LEGO Super Mario Guarded Fortress Expansion Set (S$79.90)
- 71363 – LEGO Super Mario Desert Pokey Expansion Set (S$34.90)
- 71364 – LEGO Super Mario Whomp’s Lava Trouble Expansion Set (S$29.90)
- 71365 – LEGO Super Mario Piranha Plant Power Slide Expansion Set (S$49.90)
- 71366 – LEGO Super Mario Boomer Bill Barrage Expansion Set (S$49.90)
- 71367 – LEGO Super Mario Mario’s House & Yoshi Expansion Set (S$49.90)
- 71368 – LEGO Super Mario Toad’s Treasure Hunt Expansion Set (S$109.90)
- 71369 – LEGO Super Mario Bowser’s Castle Boss Battle Expansion Set (S$159.90)
- 71376 – LEGO Super Mario Thwomp Drop Expansion Set (S$64.90)
- 71377 – LEGO Super Mario King Boo and the Haunted Yard Expansion Set (S$89.90)
- 71370 – LEGO Super Mario Fire Mario Power-Up Pack (S$14.90)
- 71371 – LEGO Super Mario Propeller Mario Power-Up Pack (S$14.90)
- 71372 – LEGO Super Mario Cat Mario Power-Up Pack (S$14.90)
- 71373 – LEGO Super Mario Builder Mario Power-Up Pack (S$14.90)
- 71361 – LEGO Super Mario Character Packs (S$6.50)
1 August 2020 is the date to look out for, but fans can pre-order the LEGO Super Marion Starter Course on Amazon and Lazada. For an added touch of creativity, the brick-building brand has launched the LEGO Super Mario app for free as well that comes with a few features in store, from keeping track of scores to encourage continuous rebuilding to providing building instructions with zoom and rotate viewing tools.
Si Jia is a casual geek at heart – or as casual as someone with Sephiroth’s theme on her Spotify playlist can get. A fan of movies, games, and Japanese culture, Si Jia’s greatest weakness is the Steam Summer Sale. Or any Steam sale, really.