Step aside, Batman. It’s time for the Man of Steel to have the spotlight.
You heard that right; rumours have been abound that Rocksteady, the studio responsible for the fantastic Arkham game series, is about to announce a Superman game. This is according to an anonymous leaker on 4Chan, who gave quite a list of details that honestly sends excitement right to our bones.
- Made by Rocksteady
- Unreal Engine 4
- Big open world Metropolis(about 3 times the size of Arkham Knight with a lot more buildings)
- Can’t play as Clark Kent
- Main villain is Brainiac
- Nerfed Superman (TAS Levels)
- Semi-destructible environments(think [Arkham Knight], no buildings are falling over)
- Combat system integrates the flying (kind of like DBZ, you can punch someone then zoom towards them and repeat)
- Set within the Arkhamverse
- Tons of easter eggs to Superman’s lore, and some to the events that took place in the Batman Arkham Franchise
- Rocksteady and WB Montreal are also working on a joint multiplayer game (Hence the multiplayer hirings on Rocksteady’s site).
- This is for a planned Justice League game down the road. They had to nail Superman first.
- Announcement should be incoming about a couple weeks before E3 2018.
We don’t know whether these rumours are true, of course, but it sure sounds like something fans would love. We’ll also quote you this tweet from Rocksteady’s head of marketing back in September of last year…
Be patient, fans. I know we're not talking right now… but when we do, people are going to lose their minds. Can't wait 😀
— Gaz @ Rocksteady (@GazDeaves) September 28, 2017
We’re crossing our fingers that these rumours are at least partially true, because a Superman game set in the same world as the Arkham series would be awesome. And having that lead up to a Justice League game? That would just blow our minds.
Well, according to the rumours, the announcement for the game should be soon, so we won’t have to wait long to find out the truth!