After months of Technical Alpha, Blizzard Entertainment’s Heroes of the Storm™ has officially entered Closed Beta Testing (CBT)! There will be no wipes for existing players, which means that all progression and items purchases made during Technical Alpha will be transferred into CBT.
Players in Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia and the Philippines who would like to take part in CBT will be able to get their codes right here! Just follow these steps:
HOW TO WIN?
- Scroll to the bottom of this page, and leave a comment (make sure you use a valid email) to tell us, who your all-time favourite Blizzard Hero is and why.
- We will randomly pick out winners from 22 Jan. onwards.
- Keys will be emailed to winners from 22 Jan. 2015 onwards, up till 26 Jan. 2015 while we still have keys available.
In conjunction with Heroes of the Storm™ CBT, Blizzard also released the following new features:
- New Battleground – Sky Temple, a new desert-themed Battleground, where players will fight for control of Temples at the center of each lane. Once captured, the Temples fire devastating beams of energy toward enemy structures.
- New Hero – Thrall, Warchief of the Horde, is the newest melee assassin to join the Nexus, bringing fearsome abilities including Chain Lightning, Windfury, and Earthquake.
- Hero League – This new Ranked Play mode enables players (who are level 30 and own at least 10 Heroes) to queue up alone, or in a party of any size, for ranked, competitive matches against other players of similar skill and party size.
- Draft Mode – Enables teams to take turns choosing from Heroes they own. The team that wins the coin toss will be prompted to pick one Hero on the first turn, after which, both teams will alternate picking two Heroes per turn.
- Weekly Sales – Starting with today’s patch, three items will be placed on sale every week, making it even easier to get your favorite heroes, skins, and mounts!
For more detailed information on the CBT and video walkthrough, head to the Patch Notes here.
Founder’s Pack Bundle
In addition to the CBT, Asiasoft has also just announced the newly released Heroes of the Storm™ Founder’s Pack bundle!
This brand-new digital package offers an array of heroes and skins, a special mount, 2,500 in-game gold, and yet another way to jump into the action with immediate access to Heroes of the Storm!
Founder’s Pack is perfect for players just entering the Nexus and offers the following for just $39.99:
- THREE HEROES: Raynor, Diablo, and Tyrande
- THREE SKINS: Commander Raynor, Lurkablo Diablo, and Blood Elf Tyrande
- EPIC MOUNT: Golden Cyberwolf
- A STASH OF GOLD: 2,500 in-game gold to help unlock additional heroes and other content
- ACCESS TO THE NEXUS: Immediate access to play Heroes of the Storm
To access Founder’s Pack, fire up your Battle.net® launcher and click on the Heroes icon, head to the Battle.net shop at www.battle.net/shop, or check out the latest Carbot video to learn how to join in the fight. Do note though, that the ability to purchase the Founder’s Pack may be temporarily suspended at any time in order to ensure a stable testing environment for the game.
Yonk is a geek who is fortunate enough to have an equally geeky Star Wars fan for a wife, who owns a LEGO Millennium Falcon encased in a glass coffee table as their home’s centre-piece.