We’ve already talked about what games are coming out soon. But it’ll take a few weeks until the release gears are set into motion. So how about we take a breather and check out some awesome gaming tunes of 2016?
I created this special video to recap the best video game OSTs of last year, because no good game gets released in the wild without an appropriate background score along with some good audio engineering.
Which ones are your favourites? Did we miss out on any notable soundtracks of 2016? Let us know either on the video or on this post.
For your reference, here is the complete list of games featured in the video:
- Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius (iOS, Android)
- Dark Souls III (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Hyper Light Drifter (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- VA-11 Hall-A (PC)
- Street Fighter V (PS4, PC)
- Banner Saga 2 (PC)
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Wii U)
- Furi (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Overwatch -for best audio work & engineering (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Poly Bridge (PC)
- No Man’s Sky (PS4, PC)
- Final Fantasy XV (PS4, Xbox One)
- Abzû (PS4, PC)
- Samorost 3 (PC)
- Masquerada: Songs & Shadow (PC)
- World of Final Fantasy (PS4, PS Vita)
- Battlefield 1 – for best audio work & engineering (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Doom (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- The King of Fighters XIV (PS4)
- Thumper (PS4, PC)
- The Last Guardian (PS4)
Jonathan is an avid self-proclaimed connoisseur of films, video games, music & comics. Prefers screwdrivers over martinis. Fears oblivion.