The latest Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser wasn’t the only reveal at Anaheim. DICE and Lucasfilm announced today that Star Wars Battlefront will be released beginning November 17, 2015 in Asia (November 19 in Europe).
The trailer above looks nice and shiny but be warned, it’s not the actual gameplay trailer but game engine.
More details from the Internet that Star Wars Battlefront would not feature a campaign. As an alternative, it features “crafted missions” that are played solo, with a friend via split-screen offline or cooperatively online.
Here’s an entire list of features that I could gather on the game at this juncture:
- It will be connected with Episode 7
- FREE dlc “Battle of Jaku” December 8th release date; Jaku is the same planet where we saw the downed Imperial Star Destroyer
- Pre-order gets “Battle of Jaku” DLC one week early
- Playstation looks to have marketing rights, perhaps a special edition shown at the panel
- in-engine actual gameplay footage is running on ps4
- No space battles
- You can switch between 1st and 3rd person on the go
- Power-ups allow you to play as hero classes as well as pilot vehicles
- Between 8 – 40 players; hopefully it’s not similar to Titanfall
- Split-screen co-op
- No prequel / clone wars content
- No campaign
- No Battlelog
- Offline bots
- 4 planets have been confirmed (Endor’s forest moon, Hoth, Tatooine and the new planet Sullust)
- Playable characters include Darth Vader and Boba Fett
- Players can traverse the game on foot or speeder bikes, or even an AT-AT
- Fly TIE Fighters, X-Wings, or the Millennium Falcon
- Ability to Aim Down Sights for weapons in 1st person
- 60fps on PS4 and xbox one confirmed
- 3 primary weapons with 1 secondary
- no “spotting” like in Battlefield series
- firing gives away position on mini map
- “blasters” don’t have ammo and can overheat
Excited? I certainly am!