The cult classic PS2 game starring Takeshi Kaneshiro, Onimusha: Warlords is getting a high-definition visual upgrade and a slew of other improvements! The game will be released on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Steam on January 15, 2019 for US$19.99. The original game sold more than 2 million copies on the PS2 back in 2001.
Onimusha: Warlords is set in feudal Japan and tells the story of the samurai Samanosuke and ninja Kaede as they race to rescue Princess Yuki.
Here are the new features to expect from the updated release:
- High-definition graphics.
- Widescreen support (16:9).
- Screen scroll feature that allows the background to scroll up and down according to the player’s movements.
- Analog stick support for more instinctive character movement.
- Easy mode is made available from the start, making it easier for newcomers.
- New soundtrack and Japanese voices have been recorded.
In North America, both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will have a physical and digital copy, while it will be a digital-only title for Nintendo Switch and Steam. In Europe, Onimusha: Warlords will be a digital-only title for all platforms.
Capcom will probably gauge its success before deciding on remastering Onimusha 2: Samurai’s Destiny and Onimusha 3: Demon Siege, or perhaps even finally bringing us fans a brand new sequel to the franchise. One can only hope.
Yonk is a geek who is fortunate enough to have an equally geeky Star Wars fan for a wife, who owns a LEGO Millennium Falcon encased in a glass coffee table as their home’s centre-piece.