Lucasfilm and Joymax are working together on the first Star Wars space shooter for mobile devices, Star Wars: Starfighter Missions. According to Joymax, the game is developed specifically for Japan, Korea and Southeast Asia,
Players can choose to fight for the light or the dark side, collecting and upgrading over 80 iconic starfighters, leading three starfighters in fast-paced, adrenaline-fueled battles. Fans can also take iconic ships and fight above well-known planets, reliving iconic battles in the Star Wars galaxy from the Classic or New Trilogies.
Features of the game include:
- Players can assemble their own unique team of starfighters from a variety of classes with differing abilities. Starfighters can be swapped during dogfights.
- By defeating enemies in battle, players will be able to collect and upgrade iconic starfighters, including Han Solo’s Millennium Falcon, Luke Skywalker’s X-wing, and Darth Vader’s TIE Advanced.
- By strategizing which starfighters to take into battle, players will be able to compete for higher ranks via the League Ranking System.
- Players will be able to customize the appearance of starfighters by applying different skins and create their own unique team.
Star Wars: Starfighter Missions will launch with three game modes comprising of:
- Campaign Battle: provides players with high experience points, items, and new starfighters as they complete each stage.
- Epic Battle: inspired by iconic battles from the Star Wars movies and rewards users with hero class starfighters that aren’t available in the Campaign mode.
- Challenge: allows users to compete with other players to pass as many trials as possible and rise up the rankings.
Star Wars: Starfighter Missions is set to release in select countries in Asia in 2020 on iOS and Android devices.
Yonk is a geek who is fortunate enough to have an equally geeky Star Wars fan for a wife, who owns a LEGO Millennium Falcon encased in a glass coffee table as their home’s centre-piece.