Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! is now on Steam Greenlight seeking votes from RPG and simulation fans worldwide. In Holy Potatoes!, players take on the role of the blacksmiths essential to every RPG — researching, forging, and selling new weapons for questing heroes.
Developed by Singapore’s Daylight Studios, Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! allows players to discover and forge more than 200 weapons — including daggers, swords, katanas, rifles, cannons, and more. Players also get to grow their businesses in 20 wacky areas, hire/fire/overwork 30 talented potato smiths, and encounter 10 legendary pop culture heroes. The game score is composed by the legendary Kimura Masahiko, who worked on the original score for the Genso Suikoden Series and the Castlevania series.
“Holy Potatoes! is a look at an RPG from the other side,” says Don Sim, CEO and executive producer at Daylight Studios. “One day, we sat down and wondered: ‘What do NPCs do when they’re not repeating the same lines over and over again?’ We realized there was a huge world out there that no one had yet to explore — and we just had to bring it to life.”
- Forge hundreds of weapons and research blueprints for new designs
- Manage potato smiths and send them for training — or vacations!
- Sell your creations to questing heroes
- Build up customer loyalty, learn more about each hero, fulfill contracts and special weapon requests
- Explore the potato world for materials, relics and enchantments
- Shop for materials, upgrade your workshop and furniture . . . and adopt your very own potato dog!
So in a nutshell, Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! is a PC/Mac RPG Sim launching in May 2015. 70+ Hero Classes, 200+ Weapons to Forge & 10 legendary, top-secret pop culture heroes waiting to be discovered. Smithing enthusiasts and couch potatoes alike, don’t forget to head on down to the Steam Greenlight page and vote for the game!
Yonk is a geek who is fortunate enough to have an equally geeky Star Wars fan for a wife, who owns a LEGO Millennium Falcon encased in a glass coffee table as their home’s centre-piece.