If you own a sweet 21:9 ultrawide monitor on your gaming rig and enjoyed Capcom’s other recent release, Resident Evil 2 in gorgeous ultrawide resolution support, you’d probably be expecting the next big release in the Devil May Cry series to also support the same resolution. After all, both games are running on the same RE Engine.
Unfortunately, much to the dismay of some gamers, Devil May Cry 5 didn’t come with native support for 21:9 resolutions. This is a major downer for owners of ultrawide monitors, who end up having to play the game with black bars on the right and left sides of the screen. Oh the horror!
Fret not, there is now a quick fix available to get the game running in any of the following ultrawide resolutions: 2560 x 1080, 3440 x 1440, 3840 x 1080, 3840 x 1600, 5760 x 1080 (58:9).
Here are the steps to apply the fix released by WSGF user “jackfuste” (now updated with the April 2019 Steam patch):
- Download DMC5_April_patch.7z (this is for the Steam version of the game).
- Extract the DMC5_April_patch.7z using a software called 7-Zip.
- Copy the extracted DMC5_April_patch.exe file and paste it in the Steam installation folder of Devil May Cry 5 located in X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Devil May Cry 5\
- Run DMC5_April_patch.exe and press Start, then press OK.
- That’s it. Now enjoy playing Devil May Cry 5 in Ultrawide (the cinematics too!).