Netflix has been, by all accounts, killing it with their library of content, and has justifiably come out tops when it comes to the streaming game. Other than the cultural phenomenons that are Orange is The New Black and the various Marvel properties, it has also carved out a niche area for other forms of entertainment.
Enter Black Mirror, the anthology series that forces us to take a new perspective on the world we live in, and almost always hits the nail on the current day issues that we face when it comes to technology. Black Mirror does not hold back, and it is truly a piece of art, with each episode expertly crafted to keep you in suspense to the very end, and always terrifying.
And with the highly anticipated fourth season in the works, we got our first looks at what will be in season four with some stills from episodes “USS Callister” and “Arkangel”. A starship and a crew, and what looks like a futuristic paediatrician’s office. We shudder to think what could transpire when the episodes air, but one thing’s for sure, it ain’t gonna be pretty.
Here’s a quick round-up of the 6 episodes for Black Mirror season 4 (yet to set a release date):
- “USS Callister” stars Jesse Plemons, Cristin Milioti, Jimmi Simpson and Michaela Coel. Directed by Toby Haynes.
- “Arkangel” stars Rosemarie Dewitt, Brenna Harding and Owen Teague. Directed by Jodie Foster.
- “Black Museum” stars Douglas Hodge, Letitia Wright and Babs Olusanmokun. Directed by Colm McCarthy.
- “Crocodile” stars Andrea Riseborough, Andrew Gower and Kiran Sonia Sawar. Directed by John Hillcoat.
- “Hang the DJ” stars Georgina Campbell, Joe Cole and George Blagden. Directed by Tim Van Patten.
- “Metalhead” stars Maxine Peake, Jake Davies and Clint Dyer. Directed by David Slade.
Jake is a full-time trophy hunter and achievement gatherer on consoles, and part-time Steam Sale victim. He has a thing for Batman and awesome statues, and running out of space for both. Send help.