The Sony PlayStation 5, only the hottest console on this side of the world in Asia.
If you’re one of the lucky gamers who had gotten it on launch day count your blessings if it was gotten at standard retail price.
The hype of the console is not lost on electronic “retailer” Courts in Singapore as they are now selling a limited number of console for S$1,122.90 to be delivered on 1st December 2020. The official retail price for the PS5 is S$729.
Working out the math, this means that for an additional S$393.90 buyers will be getting an additional 2 years warranty for the console (S$294) and an extra DualSense controller (S$99.90).
This is an area of concern as it’s not clear how the warranty will be handled. Given the additional premium on warranty does this mean that buyers will be getting a 1:1 replacement if their current console breaks down?
It’s not an official warranty program ala Apple Care thus buyers need to think twice before pulling the trigger. So it really depends if you are willing to fork out that extra S$300 for that peace of mind that your PS5 is covered for the next 3 years.
[UPDATE from Courts – 30 November 2020] “The link uploaded was a result of a testing error and was live on the website for a short time, before it was quickly taken down. The link is no longer live and no purchases were made.” [END UPDATE]
Check out more on the PS5:
- Geek Review: PlayStation 5
- We Played Some PS5 Games In Glorious 4K At 60 FPS & There’s No Turning Back
- The PS5 Will Only Have 667GB Of Usable Storage Space Out Of The Box
- Player Demand Will Determine If PlayStation 5 Supports 1440p
- PS5 Allows You To Run PS4 But Not PS5 Games Directly Off An External Drive
- PS5 Disassembled: A Look At Everything Inside The Console
- Which PlayStation 5 Games Should You Buy At Launch?
- PlayStation Changes Up Trophy Levelling System Ahead of PlayStation 5 Launch
Gerald currently straddles between his love of video games and board gaming. There’s nothing that interests him more than trying out the newest and fanciest gadget in town as well. He dreams of publishing a board game sometime in the future!