From novelty to key feature, Samsung has been making great strides in folding phones and in this year’s Samsung Unpacked 2023 event in Korea, which marks the first time the electronics giant has held its global smartphone debut on home turf, the Korean chaebol unleashed two new iterations of its flagship folding phones – the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Galaxy Z Fold 5.
With small tweaks that speak of big changes for users, here are the five key differences between the Galaxy Z Flip 5 and previous models.
1) The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 sports a much larger 3.4-inch Flex Window that is almost four times bigger than the Galaxy Z Flip 4.
2) Even with the bigger Flex Window, the Galaxy Z Flip 5 is still a compact queen. It has a thickness of just 15.1 mm, instead of the 15.9 mm we saw last year. You know what that means – it’ll slip into the pockets of your jeans easily!
3) The Z Flip 5 has also been upgraded with a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Chipset, matching other flagship smartphones in the market.
4) A new feature we love are the Flipsuit Cover Content Cards that allows you to personalise your case and Flex window through the use of NFC interactive cards.
5) Lastly, the Z Flip 5 now comes in a new colour, the oh so cute MINT!
The Galaxy Z Flip 5 is available from 11 August at S$1,498 for 256GB, and S$1,678 for 512GB. Pre-orders start from 26 July at Samsung Experience Stores, Samsung Official Stores on Lazada and Shopee. Consumers who pre-order will be able to collect or receive their devices early, from 4 August. Read more about the Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Fold 5 here.
Gerald currently straddles between his love of video games and board gaming. There’s nothing that interests him more than trying out the newest and fanciest gadget in town as well. He dreams of publishing a board game sometime in the future!