For fans of the tactics genre, the worst kept secret in recent times has finally been revealed. Yes, Square Enix has finally decided to announce Tactics Ogre: Reborn officially. Based on the PSP version of Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, this updated remake will feature improved sound and graphics, as well as an updated gameplay design that will become available on 11 November.
Tactics Ogre: Reborn will be launching both physically and digitally on the PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, and PC. Here are the key features of the upcoming release:
- A tactical role-playing game depicting the struggle for control of the Valerian Isles.
- Your choices affect how the story unfolds, and even how it ends, with a game system that allows for multiple paths through the game and multiple endings. The story takes place through the eyes of a young man named Denam. The decisions he makes will alter the fate of those around him, and shift the course of Valeria’s history.
- Fight pitched tactical battles on three-dimensional battlefields. The completely revamped AI enables enemies to adapt their tactics to the situation, providing a battle system that always keeps you thinking and never grows old.
- The class-wide level management system used in Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (2010) has changed to a unit-by-unit level system in Tactics Ogre: Reborn. Theorycraft your way through endless combinations of classes, equipment, skills, and magic.
- Enjoy numerous playability improvements, such as a quicker pace of battle, auto-save, and a complete overhaul to the controls and UI to make it easier to get into the game than ever.
- The unparalleled details of the characters and backgrounds from the original Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (1995) have been painstakingly recreated in high definition.
- The cutscenes are fully voiced in English and Japanese, and all of the music has been rerecorded with live performances! The voices bring new life to the complex motivations of the characters that make up the factions and shifting political alliances of this epic story.
- When you advance far enough in the game you’ll unlock the World Tarot, enabling you to travel back in the story with the power of your forces intact; an incredibly useful feature in a game where your choices have such a huge impact on how the story unfolds. If you wonder what a different choice would have led to, now you can find out!
- Travelling back isn’t limited to the story; the Chariot Tarot lets you rewind up to a certain number of moves during battle. In a game of tactical battles where a single mistake can mean the difference between victory and defeat, you can play without worrying that you’ll back yourself into a corner in Tactics Ogre: Reborn.
- Enjoy a wealth of endgame content such as the 100-level Palace of the Dead.
Needless to say, this will make plenty of the genre’s fans very happy, and with November being just a few months away, it won’t take too long before you are enjoying everything Tactics Ogre: Reborn has to offer.