Overwatch is pretty much the go-to shooter nowadays, especially if you are not into gritty and bloodthirsty wars, but prefer a more family-friendly style of violence. Time flies, and it has been a year since Blizzard’s team shooter has overtaken PCs and consoles worldwide, and the time for celebration is now!
Starting today, the Overwatch Anniversary event will commence and last until June 12, starting with three new Arena maps – Castillo, Necropolis and Black Forest – and of course, plenty of skins to make any completionist crazy, plus dancing emotes!
On May 23, Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition will hit all major platforms digitally, and will come with:
- 10 Loot Boxes
- Vintage Blackwatch Reyes, Strike-Commander Morrison, Overgrown Bastion, Security Chief Phara, and Slipstream Tracer skins.
- Tracer for Heroes of the Storm
- Baby Winston pet for World of Warcraft
- Mercy’s wings for Diablo III
- Tracer, Reaper, Pharah, Winston, Bastion, and Soldier: 76, portraits for StarCraft II
- Overwatch-themed card back for Hearthstone
If you are hesitating about getting Overwatch (what!? You mad bro), there will also be a free-weekend session from May 26 to May 29, with all the progress being transferable to any full game purchase. There will also be a new seasonal event coming sometime this year, as Overwatch gets bigger, we can only hope for more awesome things to come!
Check out the full list of unlockables and emotes here.