NetherRealm Studios‘ new entry in the iconic, beloved fighting game franchise, Mortal Kombat 11, is set to take centre stage on PC and consoles this week on April 23.
While most of you will probably be watching Avengers: Endgame on that same week, NetherRealm has something up their sleeve for you to get over here! and play some good, old-fashioned MK instead. We were certainly impressed when we played it during the beta phase, so it’s definitely worth considering delaying your viewing of Endgame, if you’re not the kind to have FOMO.
Enter the Mortal Kombat 11 Kollector’s Edition (for Xbox One, but the PS4 version is pretty much the same thing).
This absolute behemoth of a box is not just for show, and weighs the better part of two kilograms. Boasting a sleek black design with a minimalist silhouette of Scorpion, the iconic yellow ninja, the box alone is worthy of display on your cabinet. But it gets even better when you take out its contents.
In the box, you’ll find:
- the Premium Edition of MK11, encased in a steelbook in a cool matte finish with gold lettering. In it is the game disc, with several cool DLCs:
- the Kombat Pack, which consists of 6 yet-to-be-announced DLC fighters, all of which you’ll enjoy a 1-week early access, 7 exclusive character skins, as well as 7 sets of gear all exclusive to this pack.
- the Gold Demon Skin for Scorpion, as he’s the poster boy for this Mortal Kombat.
- the legendary Shao Khan as a DLC fighter, although you can get him via pre-order as well.
- a second steelbook with black lettering, sporting a gold Mortal Kombat dragon symbol magnet.
- a metal (pun intended) certificate of authenticity indicating which of the 20,000 boxes available you got. You can definitely store this in your wallet to show off to your friends.
- and finally, a 1:1 scale Scorpion Mask on a display. This is easily the koolest item on the list, and naturally takes up most of the real estate on the Kollector’s Edition box.
Marion grew up an addict of RPGs. He likes diving in, taking in the worlds, the characters, the stories… and sometimes forgets to go to sleep because of it. Nearly every sentence he speaks has a Dungeons & Dragons reference. He also dreams of becoming a Witcher someday.