Developed by Midgar Studio, a small indie team based in the south of France, SCRYsoft and Dear Villagers will be bringing the fantasy JRPG Edge of Eternity to the PlayStation 4. The game will first be released digitally on PlayStation Store on 5 April, while a physical edition is expected in Q3 of 2022. The console version will include all previous updates from the PC version (50+ hours of gameplay), including the newly added Japanese voiceovers.
Wage epic turn-based battles as you follow Daryon and Selene on their quest to find a cure to the all-consuming Corrosion in this grand tale of hope and sacrifice, created by a small team of passionate JRPG lovers.
In a world torn asunder, the people of Heryon pursue a desperate war against a mysterious invader. The endless cataclysmic war has plunged the planet into a state where the conflict opposing magic and technology was unleashed to their worst and darkest extremes.
Now an even greater threat has emerged: in a despicable act of war, the invaders released the Corrosion, a fatal disease turning living forms of all kinds into misshapen abominations.
In these desperate times, a young soldier will have to face his destiny and embark on an epic journey that will change the fate of Heryon forever.
Here are the features one can expect from Edge of Eternity:
- An enthralling story filled with plot twists and heart-wrenching moments.
- Stunning soundtrack featuring Yasunori Mitsuda, composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles.
- Explore the unique and ethereal world of Heryon and unearth its ancient secrets.
- Solve quests in multiple ways, making your own choices and face their consequences.
- Epic battles with a unique and strategic turn-based combat system. Use your environment to the fullest and outsmart them to inflict massive damage!
- Craft your gear and upgrade it with powerful crystal to unlock unique combinations of skills and power-ups.
- Charismatic and larger-than-life cast of characters, each with unique personalities and attributes. Discover their dreams, their flaws, their hopes and their torments as you share many special moments with them.
- A fearless yet adorable beast to befriend.
This article is brought to you together with SCRYsoft.