It’s time to take to the streets of the Dunwall once more, as we are getting a Dishonored tabletop roleplaying game by Modiphius Entertainment – the same folks that developed the Alien tabletop RPG last year.
Dishonored: The Roleplaying Game is set in the same world of the award-winning video game franchise developed by Arkane Studios.
The RPG will be designed using Modiphius’ patented 2d20 system (a system that utilises two 20-sided dice), as was seen in the likes of its other titles in Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of and Star Trek Adventures. It will be produced in collaboration with Harvey Smith, the original co-creator of the games.
In typical Dishonored fashion, the RPG will allow a group of players and a Game Master (GM) to take on the role of Protagonists who possess unique skills to slink in and out of the shadows of the Empire of the Isles.
Here’s a list of the rest of the 300-page RPG’s features:
- An introduction to the Empire of the Isles, and an in-depth look at its history, its people and the struggles they face.
- A step-by-step guide to play the role of the Protagonists: from grim assassins and rugged criminals to intrepid explorers and stoic crown loyalists.
- A host of antagonists and a myriad different story hooks to inspire you, from the harsh, cold lands of Tyvia to sunny Karnaca.
- Insight on the strange nature of the Void, as well as rules to harness its reality-bending powers.
- “The Oil Trail”, a mini-campaign in four acts that serves as a perfect introduction to the City of Dunwall.
- A streamlined narrative edition of the Modiphius 2d20 game system.
Dishonored: The Roleplaying Game is slated for release sometime in Summer 2020.
Marion has a serious RPG addiction. Sometimes it bleeds into real life; he forgets to sleep because he thinks he has a Witcher’s body clock. Forgive him in advance if he suddenly blurts out terms such as “Mind Flayer” and “Magic Missile”, because never once does he stop thinking about his next Dungeons & Dragons game.