As 2023 nears its end, it’s time to celebrate the best of what the year has brought to the table. For Apple, this means recognising the exceptional efforts of various app and game developers that span the globe, with 40 names rounding out the list for this year’s App Store Awards.
The nominations cover 10 different categories and include different iOS platforms, from iPhone and iPad devices to the rest of the iOS ecosystem (namely the Mac, Apple TV, Apple Watch, and Apple Arcade). App Store Awards winners will be selected from this group of finalists, and will be announced in the coming weeks.
Check out the full list below.
iPhone App of the Year
For helping users discover more ways to explore and learn new skills.
- AllTrails, for helping the world find their way outside.
- Duolingo, for bringing learning to the masses.
- Flighty, for keeping travellers on time and stress-free at the airport.
iPhone Game of the Year
For inviting players to new adventures with lush graphics on iPhone.
- Afterplace, for creating a retro role-playing game with intuitive controls.
- Honkai: Star Rail, for building a space fantasy adventure with cinematic animation.
- Vampire Survivors, for inspiring a new roguelike action genre.
iPad App of the Year
For helping users tap into their creativity through multiple mediums.
- Concepts, for creating innovative drawing tools and dynamic colour palettes.
- DaVinci Resolve, for creating a more portable video editing experience.
- Prêt-à-Makeup, for bringing makeup designs to life for all beauty enthusiasts.
iPad Game of the Year
For enchanting gamers with visual storytelling, intuitive controls, and absurd obstacles.
- Eggy Party, for crafting whimsical and joyful experiences for users.
- Lost in Play, for delivering charming visuals and gameplay for all ages.
- Pocket City 2, for inviting players to build from their imagination.
Mac App of the Year
For inspiring focus and creativity for users.
- Linearity Curve, for crafting innovative design tools for pros and aspiring designers.
- Photomator, for making the photo editing workflow faster and simpler.
- Portal, for immersing users in beautiful landscapes and spatial audio.
Mac Game of the Year
For delivering rich storylines and graphics.
- ELEX II, for transporting players to a dynamic Science Fantasy world.
- Lies of P, for delivering smooth gameplay with an alternative twist on a classic tale.
- Return to Monkey Island, for building on its iconic point-and-click adventure.
Apple Watch App of the Year
For making it easier to get all the information users need right from their wrist.
- Planny, for intelligently helping users stay on top of tasks.
- SmartGym, for creating smart and targeted workouts at any skill level.
- Tide Guide, for offering water enthusiasts real-time marine conditions.
Apple TV App of the Year
For bringing stunning experiences to the biggest screen in the home.
- Bugsnax, for capturing mystery and charm through its gameplay.
- FitOn, for offering a range of workout experiences with popular trainers and celebrities.
- MUBI, for bringing quality cinema to users’ homes.
Apple Arcade Game of the Year
For delivering endless entertainment this year.
- Cityscapes, for inspiring players with a sustainable and purposeful twist.
- Hello Kitty Island Adventure, for taking players on a grand adventure with adorable creatures.
- stitch., for bringing the meditative art of embroidery to more users.
For fostering new ways to connect and celebrate the world’s diversity and wonder.
- balance, for making menopause support more inclusive and accessible to all.
- Copilot, for simplifying personal finance.
- Endling, for inspiring players to focus on environmental impact.
- Finding Hannah, for connecting women across generations through gameplay.
- How to Say Goodbye, for helping users process difficult emotions.
- Pok Pok, for helping kids learn, explore, and experiment in a digital playroom.
- Proloquo, for supporting communication without speech.
- Rebel Girls, for turning bedtime stories into a discovery of heroic women throughout time.
- Too Good To Go, for helping to reduce food waste at restaurants, bakeries, and supermarkets.
- Unpacking, for crafting soul-soothing puzzles.