Lucasfilm and developer Aspyr have just announced that the ’90s classic Star Wars Episode I Racer is coming to Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 complete with modernized controls. The beloved racing title is based on the podracing sequence from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace and puts the player behind the controls of everyone’s favourite podracers.
Features of the game include:
- 25 playable racers including: Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
- Race tracks spanning 8 unique worlds including: Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare
- Work with pit droids to upgrade your podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration
- Discover short-cuts and secrets to master your lap times
- Split-screen multiplayer (Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4) and LAN multiplayer (Nintendo Switch)
No release date has been set yet, but our best guess is it might be landing on May the 4th. We just hope there are some graphic improvements to the game too, apart from the modernized controls.
Yonk is a geek who is fortunate enough to have an equally geeky Star Wars fan for a wife, who owns a LEGO Millennium Falcon encased in a glass coffee table as their home’s centre-piece.