Lucasfilm and developer Aspyr have just announced that the ’90s classic Star Wars Episode I Racer is coming to Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 complete with modernized controls. The beloved racing title is based on the podracing sequence from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace and puts the player behind the controls of everyone’s favourite podracers.
Features of the game include:
- 25 playable racers including: Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
- Race tracks spanning 8 unique worlds including: Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare
- Work with pit droids to upgrade your podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration
- Discover short-cuts and secrets to master your lap times
- Split-screen multiplayer (Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4) and LAN multiplayer (Nintendo Switch)
Star Wars Episode I: Racer will release on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on 12 May 2020. We just hope there are some graphic improvements to the game too, apart from the modernized controls.
Yonk is a geek who is fortunate enough to have an equally geeky Star Wars fan for a wife, who owns a LEGO Millennium Falcon encased in a glass coffee table as their home’s centre-piece.