Welcome back, comrade!
It looks like someone has gone all out and made it happen. Chrono Divide is a fan-made project which aims to recreate the original Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 using web technologies. The result is a game client that runs on any modern web browser (yes, even on mobile!), without the need for any additional plugins or applications installed.
The project initially started out as an experiment and was meant to prove that it was possible to have a fully working, cross-platform RTS game running on a web browser. Now, with a playable alpha version already available, the end goal is reaching feature parity with the original vanilla “Red Alert 2” engine.
One thing to note, as this is in alpha at the moment, there is no Skirmish Mode and no Campaign Mode. The only mode you can play at the moment is Custom Match where you’ll be playing against other players online. There are also several other limitations such as certain advanced units and building structures aren’t available in this build. But that doesn’t discount that fact that it’s already a technical marvel at its current early stage.
Ready to give it a shot? Head here to play the game on your web browser now!
Here are the minimum recommended PC specifications:
- CPU: Intel Atom Z3700+ @1.33GHz (Intel Core i5 recommended)
- OS: 64-bit operating system (and web browser)
- Memory: 4GB (8GB recommended)
- GPU: Discrete graphics card (NVIDIA GTX800 or later series recommended)
- Display resolution: 1024×768 minimum
- Web browser: Latest Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge (Firefox NOT recommended for best performance / framerate)