Marvel Studios is bringing the awesomeness that is Captain Marvel to fans in a special fan event next month at Marina Bay Sands, on February 14.
The stellar cast from Marvel Studios’ latest upcoming superhero blockbuster will be part of this one-day event, meeting and greeting fans in the lead-up to the release of the highly-anticipated movie, which is due out in March.
The star-studded lineup includes Brie Larson (who plays the titular Captain Marvel), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), Gemma Chan (Minn-Erva), along with the movie’s two directors, Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck.
To make coming to this fan event all the sweeter, President and CEO of Marina Bay Sands, George Tanasijevich, confirms that it will be “the only Asian stop for this talent tour“.
According to Marina Bay Sands’ website, details for this event are as follows:
To celebrate this momentous occasion, fans are invited to be part of this free-to-public event at Sands Expo and Convention Centre on Thursday, 14 February. Due to venue capacity limitations, all attendees will be required to pre-register and collect their ticket in person on Sunday, 10 February, at Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Level B2, Hall F.
Registration will commence at 10 am on Sunday, 10 February, and will run until tickets are fully redeemed. Fans must have a valid Marina Bay Sands or SISTIC ticketing account and will need to provide their account details in order to register for the event in person. If they do not have an existing Marina Bay Sands or SISTIC ticketing account, it is highly recommended that they sign up for one prior to registration day on Sunday, 10 February. Sign up for an account via this link.
Important points to remember for registration and ticket collection:
- A Photo ID (Passport or NRIC) is required to register in person.
- A valid Marina Bay Sands or SISTIC ticketing account is required for registration.
- For safety and security reasons, there is a limit to the number of fans allowed into the Fan Event venue. Therefore, tickets will be issued on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Fans must be physically present to register for themselves and cannot register on behalf of anyone else.
- Tickets are non-transferable and fans may be subject to ID verification checks on the day of the Fan Event. The organisers have the right to deny access to those with tickets that have been transferred or tampered with.
- While there is no age limit, children aged 13 and below will be required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Information on admission to the Fan Event will be provided at the point of registration and ticket collection.
- Members of the public attending the event will be subject to security checks.
On a similar note, a fan event in the buildup to last year’s Avengers: Infinity War was held at Marina Bay Sands as well, so expect a huge welcome for the stars of 2019’s first Marvel Studios blockbuster.
And judging from our recent catch-up with Captain Marvel writer Margaret Stohl, also expect hugely passionate smiles from Larson, Jackson and Chan as they make their appearance this coming February.
Captain Marvel makes its way to cinemas islandwide on March 9!
Marion grew up an addict of RPGs. He likes diving in, taking in the worlds, the characters, the stories… and sometimes forgets to go to sleep because of it. Nearly every sentence he speaks has a Dungeons & Dragons reference. He also dreams of becoming a Witcher someday.