Prepare to explore the world of Pandora and beyond once more on September 13,
Announced earlier this week by Gearbox Software and 2K Publishing, the third entry in the esteemed looter-shooter franchise will be available on the PS4, Xbox One, and on the PC, but as a timed exclusive on the Epic Games Store.
In the new trailer shown above, the names of the new playable Vault Hunters have been revealed.
- Moze as THE GUNNER: When Moze needs backup she Digistructs her mech – Iron Bear – for a sucker punch of additional firepower.
- Amara as THE SIREN: A confident, capable brawler with the ability to summon ethereal fists, Amara uses her Siren powers to smash her enemies.
- FL4K as the BEASTMASTER: FL4K lives for the hunt. So do the loyal beasts that follow their master’s every command. Their preferred prey? Unsuspecting bandits, those poor suckers.
- Zane as the OPERATIVE: Specializing in battlefield gadgetry, Zane is extremely proficient at slipping into combat, creating chaos, and sneaking back out as if he were never there.
The quartet will be going up against the Calypso Twins, Tyreen and Troy, presumably the main villains of the story.
Also, in typical Borderlands fashion, you’ll be able to pepper your enemies with “over one billion” guns, with the zaniness of the designs going through the roof this time. We’ve had talking guns before, so how about a walking AND talking one this time?
Gameplay is also as typical as Borderlands gets, but that’s always a good thing in this case. Seamless drop-in, drop-out co-op gameplay makes a return, with enemies scaled to your level, and loot drops are exclusive to each player, so no one misses out on anything. Split-screen local co-op also returns, which is perfect if you have a friend or significant other who wants in on the Borderlands 3 goodness.
The Standard Edition goes for US$59.99, which includes the pre-order bonuses and the base game. The Deluxe Edition will go for US$79.99, which will also include:
- Retro Cosmetic Pack
- Neon Cosmetic Pack
- Gearbox Cosmetic Pack
- Toy Box Weapon Pack
- XP & loot drop boost mods
The Super Deluxe Edition (US$99.99) contains:
- 4 campaign DLC packs featuring new stories, missions and challenges
- Butt Stallion Weapon Skin
- Butt Stallion Weapon trinket
- Butt Stallion grenade mod
And finally, the Collector’s Edition (US$249.99) comes pre-packaged in a shiny Diamond Loot Chest Replica, which then contains all of the above and the following:
- 10x 3.5″ Borderlands character figurines, including the four new Vault Hunters, the Calypso Twins, as well as fan-favourite characters across the game franchise
- Sanctuary 3 snap model replica
- 4x Vault Key keychains
- Cloth galaxy map featuring the Borderlands universe
- 5x Character Art Lithographs featuring the new Vault Hunters and the Calypso Twins
- Borderlands 3 Steelbook Case
To cap things off, Gearbox and 2K will be hosting a Gameplay Reveal
Borderlands 3 officially launches on September 13, 2019 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Marion has a serious RPG addiction. Sometimes it bleeds into real life; he forgets to sleep because he thinks he has a Witcher’s body clock. Forgive him in advance if he suddenly blurts out terms such as “Mind Flayer” and “Magic Missile”, because never once does he stop thinking about his next Dungeons & Dragons game.