Ubisoft has dropped a new Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla update that brings additional free content to the game for all players. The update includes a new game mode, Jomsviking upgrades, new abilities and rewards, and two new unlockable buildings in the Settlement- the River Raid Dock and the Jomsviking Hall.
The River Raids is a replayable mode that will be a permanent addition for players to enhance their raiding experience in the game. The mode contains:
- Higher-stakes raids, with unique maps and rewards, in which the player can raid without impacting their main game progression and alliances in England. Unlike the original raiding feature, the raiding crew can be temporarily lost if players don’t revive them during the raid.
- A Jomsviking Crew: Recruited Jomsvikings (created by other players online) are led by the player’s personal Jomsviking Lieutenant.
- A New Longship: An all-new fully customizable longship exclusive to the game mode –whose cargo hold can be upgraded to bring more resources back from River Raids.
The new Jomsviking Hall has three levels to upgrade in Season 1, with the higher Hall’s level the higher the ranked Jomsvikings it will attract for the player to recruit. Jomsviking also now have ranks, with the higher-ranked Jomsvikings having greater survivability in River Raids.
After players complete one of the first narrative arcs in England, either Grantebridgescire or Ledecestrescire, build their Barracks and recruit their Jomsviking Lieutenant, they will encounter a new NPC named Vagn and his crew of Jomsviking raiders, who will introduce them to the River Raids game mode. The mode introduces three new river maps set around the coastline of England full of locations to raid and treasure to loot.
The update also brings additional abilities and rewards:
- The Saint George Armor set and Great Sword
- 3 new Abilities, hidden in monasteries
- 2 new Settlement Buildings
- A new set of longship and player cosmetics
The River Raids game mode update is part of Assassin Creed’s Valhalla Season 1 post-launch experience, with more exciting gameplay and world evolving free content to be released throughout 2021.
Season 2, named Ostara, will start in March 2021 with a first update bringing a festival in the Settlement, a new game mode that builds on Valhalla’s core combat experiences, new gear and cosmetic items. More information about Wrath of the Druids, the first expansion of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla releasing in Spring 2021, will come at a later time.
Assassin’s Creed; Valhalla is available on Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One consoles, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, the Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store on Windows PC.