Looks like there’s no stopping Disney from celebrating all things Star Wars. Looks like come early 2016, we’re going to be treated to an out-of-galaxy experience when we set sail on the Disney Fantasy cruise ship! A brand-new, day-long celebration aboard eight special sailings to the Western Caribbean, Star Wars Day at Sea!
Would you be traveling half-way across the world for such an epic cruise? I sure would!
Line-up of Events on Board
- Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, stormtroopers, and other characters from across the Star Wars galaxy will be onboard for scheduled meet and greets, as well as roaming on deck and elsewhere around the ship. Guests also are encouraged to dress up in their own stellar costumes.
- A shipboard version of the popular Jedi Training Academy experience invites young Padawans to learn lightsaber moves from a Jedi Master. They can then use the Force and face off in a final test against the evil Darth Vader.
- Kids and families enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, covering fun facts from the film and television sagas.
- For younglings, Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities will be offered throughout the day in Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab youth clubs.
- In the evening, adults entering the night club will feel like they stepped into the Mos Eisley cantina scene. Characters and cantina music set the mood as Star Wars-themed specialty cocktails are served.
- Guests can watch the first six Star Wars films.
- And yes, Episode VII will also be screening onboard!
- Also showing will be episodes of the hit animated series Star Wars Rebels.
- On each of the special sailings, celebrities and insiders from the Star Wars galaxy will share their experiences, meet fans, and sign autographs.
Star Wars Deck Party and Fireworks
- There’s intergalactic fun when the Star Wars deck party blasts off to an exciting evening filled with music, dancing, and games.
- Star Wars characters converge on the deck stage for a celebration of the Star Wars saga in a show featuring special effects and guest participation.
- The deck party culminates in a spectacular display of themed pyrotechnics, lighting, sound effects, lasers, and Star Wars.
So apparently, Star Wars Day at Sea will be available only aboard the Disney Fantasy on select Western Caribbean sailings, departing from Port Canaveral, the seven-night Western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay. The cruise will be departing on these following dates:
- January 9
- January 23
- February 6
- February 20
- March 5
- March 19
- April 2
- April 16
Do note though, that the Star Wars Day at Sea is only a ONE-DAY extravaganza during your cruise. For the rest of your voyage, you’ll enjoy the jam-packed itinerary of excitement and adventure you can only get from a Disney Cruise Line sailing.
A Millennium Falcon Play Zone???
And that’s not all, there’s even going to be a re-done area on the cruise ship that will place the kids in a play zone inspired by the interiors of Han Solo’s Millennium Falcon!
I don’t know about you, but I’m already heading to www.disneycruise.com to book my slot! Judging from the turnout at the recent Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, it’s sure to be a sell-out!
I’ll leave you with a brief trailer to whet your appetite further…