The Force is indeed strong with this one, Star Wars Battlefront II just dropped its latest trailer, featuring the ever-charming John Boyega and heaps of information about the upcoming sequel that will be released this November 17.
Thankfully, it looks absolutely gorgeous and crazy at the same time, bringing to life one of geekdom’s favourite franchise and the universe like never before. With the lessons of the first game well learned, Battlefront II is definitely starting off on the right foot.
If for some reason you choose not to listen to Boyega’s narration and all the flashy explosions and effects, here’s what we glimpsed from this latest trailer.
- Triple the amount of locations, heroes, and vehicles across all three eras
- Death Star II, Kashyyyk, Ryloth, Jakku, Endor, Hoth, Kamino, Starkiller Base, Yavin 4, Mos Eisley, Unknown Regions, Naboo, Takodana, and Fondor were shown.
- Sullust, Pillio, Vardos, and Bespin are Singleplayer-only maps.
- Class Warfare
- Assault, Heavy, Specialist, and Officer classes – each with unique abilities, weapons, and weapon attachments.
- Earn Battle Points as a team to bring in the big guns like Flametroopers, Wookies, and air/land vehicles.
- Iconic Star Wars heroes like Darth Maul, Boba Fett, and Rey can also join the fray.
- Starfighters also come in classes, alongside unique abilities and upgrades. Hero-class ships are also called in using Battle Points.
- Star Cards revamped
- Find cards for every unit/vehicle in crates, or upgrade them using parts. The rarer the tier, the more powerful it is.
- Multiplayer Modes
- Blast – Fast-paced, close quarters combat.
- Strike – Strategic, objective-based battles.
- Heroes vs Villains
- Starfighter Assault – Intense dogfights across high atmosphere and space.
- Galactic Assault – 20 vs 2all-out warfare.
- Try out the game modes offline in split-screen co-op, versus, or solo to earn rewards before heading into multiplayer.
- Singleplayer Campaign
- Follow the untold story of Iden Versio and the Inferno Squad in a tale that bridges the gap between The Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. Fight for the future of the empire in a galaxy breaking apart. You might even meet a few familiar faces!
Star Wars Battlefront II promises plenty and looks set to deliver on an epic scale. With its live service promising even more content (such as Finn and Captain Phasma) in the months to come after release, Star Wars fans should have plenty to be happy about starting November 17.